Are you looking for easy houseplants to take care of or struggle with keeping houseplants alive? I am sharing 5 of my favorite low-light houseplants for low-light or darker living-spaces in this blog. These houseplants would also be a great solution for your windowless office, your bathroom or even your cubicle at work. There are so many selections of plants that thrive on nearly zero sunlight, but my personal favorites are those that also require little care or have vibrant blossoms. I work from home, so I love being surrounded by houseplants that are beautiful, but require little attention.
If you decide to add some low light houseplants to your home or office that are sure to survive being ignored or left in a dark room, read all of my favorites below.
- Spider Plant this plant can survive with nearly zero sunlight. It can also survive for years in indirect light and even live prosperously if it’s been lacking water for a while. In fact, during the winter months it needs very little water at all. This houseplant will thrive in fluorescent lighting as well. It will produce tiny white flowers, grow quickly, are great indoor air filters, and needs almost zero sunlight!
- Begonia is perennial flowering plants. They come in several colors and shapes. These little beauties live nicely without any direct sunlight and add a perfect pop of color to your home. These plants can easily be over watered, be sure to let the soil dry between watering, and look great in small planters or hanging planters!
- Mint is typically grown outside, but this herb makes a fabulous house guest as it delivers its aroma throughout your space. It can be harvested for teas, drinks and desserts, and grows quickly. The soil needs to be kept moist and need (almost) zero sunlight.
- The Snake Plant is beautifully green with variegated leaves; its sharp point gives this low-light house plant its nickname of mother-in-law’s tongue. It needs little water, it can grow up to several feet tall, and needs (almost) zero sunlight.
- Areca Palms are excellent air purifiers and can also act as a humidifier for your indoor space! It can add a tropical feel to your home, can produce small, yellow flowers, and needs (almost) zero sunlight.
For those of us without a green thumb it can feel a little overwhelming to try and choose plants that we won’t accidentally kill. However, these houseplants require very little care and almost zero sunlight and will be easy to take care of. Not only do these low-light houseplants enhance indoor decor, there are numerous other benefits to having some indoor plants in your space. Plants are also scientifically proven to purify the air and get rid of chemicals and toxins inside, replacing them with pure oxygen. An abundance of greenery can also help to reduce stress levels and create a naturally inviting element in your home. So the next time you decide to shop for an indoor plant maybe try one of these easy and beautiful plants above from the list! Also Flymeawaycreations Etsy shop has over 20 different style planters that can work well with Mint, Spider plant, or the Begonia!
Follow the link to see each style planter!